Tide is an alternative ‘bank’ account aimed at small businesses, freelancers, and independents. Unlike other providers, the Tide account is entirely based around it’s smartphone app.
Last year in the UK 1 in 12 business current accounts opened was with TIde and it’s easy to see why. The application procedure is all online and it literally takes 5 minutes to get an account up and running. Tide’s partner PPS is certified by the FCA and partly owned by Mastercard, and funds are ring-fenced at Barclays. Tide offers instant invoicing and automatic bookkeeping alongside its business current accounts, as well as lending offerings for small businesses.
We love it even more as it offers:
- Free sign up
- No credit checks
- No yearly or monthly fees
- Free to use debit card online/in stores in the UK and abroad
- 20p transfers in and out of the Tide account (inc direct debits), £1 ATM withdrawal
- Xero, FreeAgent, SAGE and Kashflow integration
If you mainly take cash or cheques potentially it’s not for you.
You can sign up here Tide Sign Up and us the code “WESTLANCS”to get access to our special partner program benefits
- a dedicated Tide account manager to help with any banking questions
- 50 free transfers worth £10
- we can view and download your bank details via “Account Reader”, saving you time and effort